An Iconic Location
Islas Secas is located 180 miles southwest of Panama City, 15 miles off the Pacific coast of Panama and will be officially opening by December 17, 2018. Guests fly into Tocumen International Airport in Panama City, and continue on to David via an 50 minutes domestic flight. From David, it’s a 30 minute drive to the coast where guests board a landing craft for a scenic 80-minute boat ride to the islands. We recommend spending a night or two in Panama City where Ancon Expeditions arranges the overnight stay, a historical walking tour and visit to the Panama Canal’s Visitor Center, and optional helicopter flight with aerial views over the lush rainforest and entire 80km stretch of the Panama including the new expanded Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center on the Pacific side.
Explore in Comfort
Each of the four casita sites is its own island within the island, a private sanctuary surrounded by lush vegetation and equipped with a plunge pool, lounge and dining area, shaded thatch-roofed Bohio with hammock and outdoor showers. There are sophisticated options for couples, groups and families with 1-, 2-, and 4-bedroom sites.
Harmony with Nature
At the core of Islas Secas is a driving passion for the enjoyment and conservation of the archipelago’s natural resources, paired with a deep appreciation and respect for the local culture and its history.
• 75% of the archipelago has been conserved in perpetuity
• 100% of the property’s energy is solar generated
• Rare and endangered wildlife species are protected
• Partnering with Panamanian Government and NGOs to create management plan to protect Bay of Chiriqui
• Support of local communities includes funding of education, municipal infrastructure and cultural festival
Amenities and Activities
- Daily made-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- All recreational activities on or around Islas Secas: fishing, diving, humpback whale watching, nature hikes, birding, ocean activities:wake boarding, snorkelling, kayaking, surfing, paddle boarding)
- Boat tour of the 14 beautiful islands that comprise Islas Secas
- Day on your own private island (Isla Pargo)